When it comes time to sell your aircraft you are looking for the best return to you so you’ll need effective, economical and professional assistance make sure your interests are represented properly and the transaction goes smoothly.
Our Network has sold thousands of aircraft over time and we earn the trust of each seller and buyer one at a time. So, we want to answer the most important questions for you upfront as you consider allowing us to represent your value and interests.
Why Broker with the LifeStyle Aviation Network?
Whenever I’m working with a client discussing the sale of their aircraft they almost always want to know the following:
1. What do you do that I can’t do for myself?
2. What makes you different?
3. Why should I select you to represent my interests?
4. How much will it cost me and how do you get paid?
It Starts with Top Specialists and a Winning Network Team
Whenever I need to get my car fixed, I take it to the shop where they specialize in that type of car and even the type of work I need done (ie transmission shops vs tire shops).
One of my favorite commercials on TV in recent years showed a guy on the phone talking to his doctor with a scalpel taking directions on how to do his own open heart surgery with the guy in the back ground saying something about “do it yourself…”.
In today’s modern world we all specialize our focus with the objective of being very good at what we do to succeed in our various competitive fields and aircraft sales is certainly competitive and involves many elements of knowledge, experience, process, paperwork and logistics. As in many endeavors specialists can obtain more favorable outcomes than the do it yourself attempts.
In the case of aircraft sales the essence that makes me, my team and my network so unique is we are all top specialists in our fields of selling modern aircraft. We are all full time professionals that each week are in the field introducing potential buyers to aircraft and developing relationships over long periods of time to be the trusted person they work with to acquire their aircraft.
When thinking about what it takes to be a top specialist in our field a few things come to mind. As an example, I have over 2000 hours of flight time, an instrument rating, commercial rating, seaplane rating, and multi-engine rating. I’ve been flying since I was 19 years old. I was a successful businessman in the high tech arena before I decided to be involved with my passion – aviation. The cool thing is that even though I’ve been doing aircraft sales for over 8 years performing at the top production levels, I’m actually a baby compared to many of my team members. One of our team has been selling aircraft for over 40 years! Many on our team have over 10,000 hours. Our team is filled with pros that love what they do and it shows in our results and their credentials.
Many people think that selling aircraft just involves listing the plane online and waiting for calls, a guy shows up and looks at the plane and buys it. Well I suppose it can happen that way on the odd occasion…I sure wish it was that easy! This simplified view over looks a very long list of important elements and steps such as market valuation, marketing strategy, broad exposure, export potential, multiplication of effort and potential by having sales representatives educated and motivated to present your plane, appropriate contracts with clear closing process and clarity of who pays for what, sale negotiations, inspection supervision, logistics, vital buyer items such as training, financing, insurance, delivery, registration, financial escrow, plus disposition of buyer’s existing aircraft through sale or trade and overall liability protection for our sellers. Our business is one that requires skill, attention, motivation, service, systems, process, paperwork, teamwork and integrity.
All of the above is the usual “chest pumping” you expect from some outfit telling you how great they are but here is what makes our group so unique and successful in our business… advertising is NOT our primary means to how we find buyers for planes. Instead of swimming with all the other guys in that “small pool” fighting over the limited prospects that know they want a particular type of aircraft. We of course advertise but our “secret herbs and spices” are that we don’t expect to sell our planes that way. Instead we spent years developing a strategic process and network of flight centers, marketing partners and agents that bring us as steady flow of potential buyers that are not yet sure they are going to buy a plane or what type they just know they have a dream and are keen to figure out how to make it a reality. We work with each one of those folks individually educating them in how to be involved in aviation successfully and help them understand the value of different types of planes. In that process we make a new friend and earn their trust. TRUST is the single ingredient that makes all aspects of the aviation business work. So as a result we sell the majority of our aircraft to people we already “know” and its just a matter of helping them buy at the right time. To complete that unique strategy we strive to not just sell one plane to our client but to help him buy all the planes he owns over time. Offering easy trade in capability or ready sales potential often becomes a critical service to help folks move from one plane to the next. We have clients we have helped to purchase 4, 5 and even 6 aircraft.
Then there is much more…
The following bullet points attempt to summarize all the advantages involved in working with me, my company and the full power of our networked multi-company team called the LifeStyle Aircraft Network.
- We’re known worldwide. Our combined group of companies, labels and online sites through LifeStyleAviation.com, Premier Aircraft Sales, LifeStyleAircraft.com (aka: GlassPlane.com), and LifeStyleFlyer.com (aka:GlassPilot.com) are a multi-faceted go-to source in the US for foreign buyers searching for pre-owned piston aircraft. The world market for aircraft is expanding and including world-wide marketing of your plane can significantly enhance your potential outcome. We offer turn-key export and delivery of aircraft from North America world-wide disassembly containerization, shipping, insurance, ferry delivery and more are all offered standard for every client’s listing. Our connections with our network of international partners and brokers developed over years makes this a tremendous asset to our sellers. For maximum exposure think Global!
- We are a leader in aircraft sales. Our group is one of the largest dealers of late model used piston aircraft in the US, and as the largest dealer of Diamond and Mooney aircraft in the world. Our LifeStyle Aviation Network combines the resources of multiple entities and marketing brands.
- We’re many professional brokers in one. When you sign a brokerage agreement with a representative from our group, you are getting the power of more than a dozen on-staff brokers, working their individual networks, to actively market your aircraft. The goal is always to create the most demand possible for your plane. Our representatives work in concert together in our “network model” similar to the way real estate brokers do which creates more opportunity and potential for you.
- We know your brand. We are factory new distributors for several brands and our group has on-staff experts with experience selling Aerostar, Aviat- Husky, Bellanca, Beechcraft, Cessna (piston and jet), Cirrus, Columbia, Commander, Diamond, Extra, Lake, Lear, Liberty, Maule, Mooney, Pilatus, Piper, Pitts, Socata, and Tiger. Our sales and management staff include ex-factory personnel from Diamond, Cessna, Mooney, Socata and Piper.
- We handle the hassles. Buyers want to talk about or see the plane on their schedule – which often means nights, weekends, even holidays. We’re available when they are. And aircraft need careful attention when they are on the market. We make sure the plane is presented in its best and most favorable light.
- We’re accountable. Your broker representative is personally involved in all aspects of your brokerage transaction from advising you on pricing and market conditions to marketing the aircraft, qualifying prospects, demonstrating your aircraft, negotiating your best deal, coordinating pre-buy inspections, resolving problems, and overseeing the closing and delivery processes. Our staff works as a team to coordinate all aspects of the sale and delivery. We have CFI’s on staff plus an entire network of trusted resources to aid in logistics, inspections, delivery and training.
- We take trades. Sometimes selling your airplane means disposing of the buyer’s. Unlike independent brokers and small dealers, we have the financial strength to take marketable aircraft in on trade if necessary to close a deal.
- We handle finance and insurance. We have long working relationships with all of the leading sources for aircraft financing and insurance. We also work with sources that can often handle the deals that can’t get done anywhere else. Eliminating obstacles and helping the buyer buy is what its all about!
- We’re highly visible in the field. Our group regularly shows aircraft, hosts open houses and attends aviation events in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and beyond. Our on the ground field network is augmented by our dozens of Flight Center partnerships that include the presentation of our aircraft and the generation of leads.
- We’re highly visible online. We developed a unique approach to online marketing with our LifeStyle Network sales approach. The site is featured and linked to from our flight center partners and international partners. This gets us directly to market opportunities we would not have otherwise. We of course also advertise your plane on the top paid sites in the industry.
- We have a huge database of prospects. Our sophisticated customer relationship management program allows us to identify and target prospects for your plane in our large data base.
- We cooperate with other dealers. Our friendly relationships with other dealers and maintenance facilities means one more source of identifying prospects for your plane and facilitating inspection and delivery.
- We are a network not a single point. Our extensive team has “on the ground” pros in many geographical locations and our dozens of flight school affiliates keep us tied into the front lines of people looking to acquire aircraft. Our flight center partners, affiliate companies and independent network representatives are PAID by us to help locate buyers for you. This results in a very powerful team working for you.
How will your team market my aircraft and what will it cost?
- Extensive Photos and detailed spec sheets will be prepared
- We will obtain all logbooks in electronic form for internal review and customer presentation
- Your plane will be presented in detail to our team of professionals with access to the logs
- Guaranteed placement in Controller.com the top paid site online plus numerous other industry sites
- Listing on LifeStyleAircraft.com with its connection to partner flight centers, other brokers and international partners
- Preparation of a detailed email sequence that provides presentation of details and selling features to every prospect we discuss the plane with. Detailed tracking of every inquiry for your aircraft with sophisticated followup systems.
- Targeted, personalized e-mails to individual prospects
- Personal Calls to prospects who are actively in the market to purchase
- Personalized demo presentation of your aircraft where ever appropriate
- Our brokerage agreements clearly specify the percentage or fee for our services.
You pay nothing if we don’t sell your aircraft. Your representative will assist you in defining clearly a “Minimum Take” net price you will accept…anything above that you authorize us to complete the negotiation for you on your behalf at the highest price possible. Any offers below your minimum will be presented to you for your consideration.
- Request a no-obligation valuation of your aircraft along with our brokerage agreement for your review and consideration.
- Our commission for our turnkey brokerage service is structured like the successful network model in real estate that productively leverages the potential of a large pool of agents with the range in the 6-8% range typically depending on the value of your aircraft. We decide together how to price and market your plane and you are always “in charge”.
- We use the commission we earn to pay all marketing expenses, demo costs, the sales people, administrative people, outside agents AND referral sources that provide us as a team the competitive advantage described above. This approach helps us achieve maximum market return for you.
- If your circumstances would benefit from selling your plane, we can purchase your aircraft to facilitate your goals and help you off load ongoing expenses for the aircraft today.
We have helped literally thousands of clients buy and sell aircraft in the most economical and successful way.
We hope you will provide us the opportunity to help you as well.